The Great Western Hospital
The Trust employs 1700 people and provides 236 beds. Services include in-patient facilities for surgical and medical specialities, as well as maternity services, community paediatrics and child and adolescent mental health services, x-ray, pathology, pharmacy, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech therapy, audiology and pathology and radiology and other support services. The Trust is recognised as providing efficient and well-organised Cancer services. This has been supported by both Regional and National Accreditation processes.
- Degree in Nursing;
- Category 1 – Nurses that have a NMC PIN or registered before IELTS was required.
- Category 2 – Nurses with a minimum IELTS score of 5.5 to be appointed as Band 3 whilst undergoing IELTS training locally and obtaining the required score of 7.0 within a few months of arrival.
- Good communication skills in English;
- experienced or newly qualified nurses;
- Nurses will be placed on the bottom end of Band 5 unless they provide evidence of their years of experience in the form of references.
- Band 3, £17,978 salary for nurses undergoing IELTS training until they have passed.
Package on offer is:
- 8 week IELTS course plus the cost of the IELTS exam (26 weeks for candidates to achieve 7.0)
- Any candidate that doesn’t achieve the score, can apply directly for a HCA position with the trust.
- £150 contribution to flight.
- £150 contribution to return flight.
- 4 week local bus pass
- 4 weeks paid accommodation.
- Welcome hamper upon arrival
- Meet and greet by a staff member of GWH
- Comprehensive induction –
- 1-2 days UK welcome induction
- 2 days Trust induction
- 1 day Ward induction
About the offer:
• Standard NHS Permanent contract;
• Salary Band 5 (£ 21,909 to £ 28,462) for all registered nurses, dependent on demonstrated experience by the candidate.
• Loyalty period of 2 years;
• 37.5 weekly hours;
• 27 days of yearly leave and 8 holidays;
• In the event a candidate has not completed his/her registration with the NMC at the time of commencement of employment, he will be invited to begin working as a healthcare assistant until the registration is complete;
• Career progression and development opportunities;